The holiday season is upon us, now is the time for family gatherings and celebrations centered around the spirit of giving. This is also a wonderful time for community connections with a variety of holiday events and festivals to enjoy. You can take in many winter activities and family-friendly celebrations in San Jose. There is no place like this part Santa Clara County to spend the holidays. You need look no further than down town San Jose’s Christmas in the Park to get into the festive spirit.
All things Christmas are centered around San Jose’s Plaza de Caesar Chavez, in the heart of down town. From holiday lights, to special days for your four-legged friend and plenty of chances to meet Santa, some time spent at Christmas in the Park is time well spent with family and friends. Here is a sampling of the fun activities happening over the next month:
- The festivities begin with a Tree Lighting Ceremony November 24th. Live music and performances add to the holiday spirit.
- Dog Day at the park will be December 2nd, get a photo with Santa and your best friend.
- December 9th is for the kid in everyone, it’s time for Breakfast with Santa, and ice skating downtown. Bring an unwrapped gift for the Toys for Tots collection going on at the same time.
- Get in one more run before the end of 2017 with the Santa Run on December 17th. This 5k run/walk is for the entire family.
- Ring in the new year on December 31st with live music and family oriented activities for the young ones during the early part of the evening.
In addition to all these special events, Christmas in the park is the perfect place to experience a winter wonderland of light displays, live music and caroling, all with holiday refreshments, and fun crafts and kids’ activities. The Plaza de Caesar Chavez is transformed with a mini-forest of decorated Christmas trees, each one done by a different San Jose School. Many of the events are also fundraisers, while Christmas in the Park is free and open to the public. This is a true community event and one of the most popular festivals in the region.
We may not have snowy, white Christmas, but we know how to enjoy the spirit of the season. I hope you get a chance to experience some of Christmas in the Park for yourself and have a wonderful holiday this year, however you celebrate. If you are ready to invest in property, buy or sell a home, we at Haylen Group are here to help you with all your real estate needs! As your agent, we will strive to work together and give you the best support we can. Call Helen Chong at (408) 800-LIST or email at Helen@HaylenGroup.com. You can also visit us at our website for available listings and additional information.