Every year real estate brings something new to California. Real estate can be a tricky business and sometimes tips and tricks can help you make the most of your home or home to be. Bankrate.com has some great tips to help you start out this year in real estate.
- Fix the small things. Don’t let chipping molding or a cluttered room keep your home from selling. Sometimes it is the smallest and easiest things to do that make the most difference.
- Decorate your home for the season. In spring, add accents to your home that make it feel like spring. In summer, let the light in and make it feel like summer. Fall comes with its own accents, and smells can take you away and make you feel the season. Winter can be dark and gloomy, so you want your home to feel bright and airy when the potential buyer comes in.
- Get the most out of your Realtor® and think big in regards to your online presence. Virtual tours are a great way to show your home off and get potential buyers in your doors.
- Get a pre-inspection. Homebuyers will get their own inspections, so get a jump start so there aren’t any surprises for you or the buyer.
- Price your home right! Talk to your agent about comparables in the area and price your home accordingly. Pricing your home right will sell your home.
- When house hunting, bring a home rating sheet and rate the home’s qualities. Also listing things you like and don’t like about each home will keep them separated for you when you sit down to review the homes you like. Sometimes after seeing multiple homes, the details tend to blend together.
- Don’t make any large purchases while you are in the process of buying a home. It could damage your chances of getting a good mortgage rate. Wait until after you own your new home to make any big decisions.
- Don’t lose in a bidding war because of a couple of thousand dollars. Ask your lender how much your mortgage will go up and base your bidding on that. Make educated bidding decisions with guidance from your lender and your agent.
- Check out the neighborhood, the local businesses and schools. If businesses are closing and schools are not getting good scores, the area may not be the best to buy in, or you may be able to get your new home for a lower price. Look a little deeper to decide if the neighborhood is moving in a good direction or not.
No matter what your need, we at Haylen Group are here to help you with all of your real estate needs! If you are unsure what your options are, call Helen Chong at (408) 800-LIST or email at Helen@HaylenGroup.com. You can also visit us at our website for available listings and additional information.