Everybody brings in the New Year in their own way. Some celebrate with fireworks, some celebrate with a fancy party, and some spend time with family. No matter what you do on New Year’s Eve, be safe in California.
Do you set a New Year’s Resolution? Do you have any household things you do at the beginning of the year? Here are some of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions, and ways to prepare yourself for a fresh new year.
According to USA.gov, the following were the most popular resolutions for 2014.
- Lose Weight
- Quit Smoking
- Get Education
- Get Better Job
- Save Money
- Get Fit
- Eat Healthy
- Manage Stress
- Manage Debt
- Take a Trip
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
There are multiple ways to get ready for the New Year, and prepare for a fresh new beginning. Some of these involve your home, while others involve your finances.
For the Home:
- Change all of your smoke detector batteries
- Flip or rotate your mattresses
- Dry clean all of you linens, such as curtains and tablecloths
- Clean walls and ceilings
- Go through your clothes and organize your closets
- Rearrange any furniture for a change
- Create a maintenance schedule for home repairs and renovations
For Your Finances:
- Create your budget for the new year
- Create a list of wants, and add to the budget for realistic goals
- Build a financial plan for this year, and years to come
- Discover short and long term financial goals
- Prioritize your goals, and plan for them
Bringing in the New Year doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Instead make it something to be excited about and imagine the possibilities! When you are ready to buy or sell your home, we at Haylen Group are here to help you with all of your real estate needs! If you are unsure what your options are, call Helen Chong at (408) 800-LIST or email at Helen@HaylenGroup.com. You can also visit us at our website for available listings and additional information.