Holidays can be stressful for many people. It can also be a great time to give back and help your city in California, as well as people in need. I have comprised a list of local and general ways to help others.
Around Your Community
- Adopt-a-Park: You can adopt a park or just volunteer. Go here for more information.
- You can volunteer as a Pet Pal at the San Jose Animal Care Center and help find adoptive families for homeless pets.
- Volunteer at a community center and become a closer member of the community.
- The Happy Hollow Park and Zoo is always accepting volunteers to help out.
- Leave notes in books at your local library to give somebody a smile.
- Pack small care packages with toiletries and hygiene products, and as you see homeless people in need, hand them out.
- Visit local homeless shelters and offer your volunteer services or items such as clothes, toys for the kids, or toiletry items.
- Send a care package to a soldier who is away from home. Go here to find out how.
There are many ways to help others, whether it is a simple gesture or a holiday meal for a family. Every little thing helps. And doing things for others makes you feel better, too. I hope you enjoy your holidays!
When you are ready to buy or sell your home, we at Haylen Group are here to help you with all of your real estate needs! If you are unsure what your options are, call Helen Chong at (408) 800-LIST or email at Helen@HaylenGroup.com. You can also visit us at our website for available listings and additional information.