California is a great place to buy or sell your home, but are you ready for it? On any website that discusses ways to sell your home, the first tip is to make it presentable. The best way to do this is to Get Organized!
For most people getting organized is a daunting task, but it can benefit you in so many ways. First, you will have the peace of mind knowing that everything has its place and everything that you still have has a use. Second, your home will be more presentable, not only for potential buyers, but for you and your family. And the third and most important thing when selling your home is that you are organized for an easy move.
Here are a few tips to get you started on your organizing journey.
- De-clutter: This is the most important tip. Go through your home and make piles labeled keep, donate, maybe, and trash. After you have your piles, follow through with the task. If you are keeping it, find it a home; if you are donating it, take a trip to your local donation center; if it is in your maybe pile, put it in a box and go back through it in a month; and if it is trash, throw it away right away.
- Label Everything: Label boxes and bins that have items stored in them. Also make sure to label anything that might collect random items, such as pantry shelves and closets.
- Plan Ahead: Organizing is not something that happens overnight. It is something that you need to allow yourself the time for. This includes not waiting until the last minute, and making sure that you leave time for interruptions.
- Get Rid of Papers: Papers are a main source of clutter in the home. This includes magazines, bills, coupons, newspapers, school papers, and work papers. Take the time to go through them and get rid of anything that is not essential. Scanning important documents and saving them to your computer can save a lot of space. You can donate unwanted magazines to your local library, and throw away and recycle anything that you don’t need.
- Start NOW: There is no time like the present time. Start tackling your organizing tasks now, so that when it is time to move you have everything organized. Click here to see what your home can look like after it is organized!
When you are ready to sell your home, we at Haylen Group are here to help you with all of your real estate needs! If you are unsure what your options are, call Helen Chong at (408) 800-LIST or email at Helen@HaylenGroup.com. You can also visit us at our website for available listings and additional information.